Positive riveting is probably the most advanced technology HGW's developed. On the one hand the technology is quite complicated and costly but on the other hand it is still something fascinating - results on finished model are just great. Briefly, HGW's positive rivets can be used as usual decal but after the decal gets dry it is possible to take off the transfer foil and only little dots / rivets will stay attached on the surface. Revolutionary. :)
Be sure that riveting sets are really very accurate and we are working in HGW with 0.1 mm tolerance. Everything is prepared the way it isn't needed to adjust or to cut anything in your plastic kit.
Our production could be divided into two main categories. For one thing we are producing "free lines" of rivets and for another "riveting sets". With free lines it is possible to rivet basically everything, just cut required length and go ahead. While riveting sets are designed for particular aircrafts from particular brands. These sets are prepared for fast and accurate riveting which should take around 3 hours (1/32 scale aircraft) or 2 hours (1/48 and 1/72 aircrafts). The result is completely and accurately riveted model which is prepared for painting and other finalizing works.
How does it work?
*If you're applying onto black surfacer, we recommend to use Mr. Metal Primer (MP 242) before rivets.
1. Cut out the required design using a sharp scalpel.
2. Soak the base paper in warm water (approx. 20 sec).
3. Remove the transfer from the base paper.
4. Apply a layer of Mr. Mark Softer on the surface where you intend to apply the transfer.
5. Place the transfer in the required position on the layer of Mr. Mark Softer.
6. Carefully press out any excess liquid and bubbles. (Use the cloth and the cotton bud.)
7. Ideally, leave it to dry for 6-8 hours.
8. Carefully remove the transparent transfer film.
9. Clean off any traces of transfer glue with a wet cloth.